Thread: botox into neck
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default botox into neck

hey all, hope your well

i am booked in for botox into my sternoclestiod next weds. (which my pain cons think it a big cause of my pain) i was booked for this procedure in april/may, and have since been undergoing physio with a brilliant lady, i saw her today to discuss the effects of her physical manipulations on my spine over the last few months and if i should do the botox. She thinks that my neck muscles are hanging on tight and will not release despite all her efforts.....when she presses on them my symptoms are reproduced in my shoulder balde.

She says the decision is mine about botox giving my the advice that it could be v useful, not at all useful - or even make it worse --- and there is no way of telling until i have it done!!!! She did tell me that she thinks that my tight scalenes have been with me for so long and have become my bodies coping mechanisn - and she isnt sure what will happen once they are botoxed (perhaps the pain will become worse?!). I think i understand what she is getting at....

This isnt all that useful to me as im terribly worried about making it worse!

My question is - has anyone found that botox in the neck increased/permanently flared their pain/symptoms?
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-14-2009)