View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 06:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Very few people achieve remission. There are few I've known who had lidocaine infusions and it beat back the rsd enough that they're working again full time but not in remission. They are still taking pain meds and other meds just not as many. Keith Orsini at RSD Hope had a round of HBOT that beat back his pain but I don't know how he's doing now. He quit posting to the blog he began on his HBOT treatments. Don't know whether the effects stayed with him or went away and he ended up as bad as he was to begin with.

As to the SSDI, I can't believe she can't get it! That's utter BS! RSD is on the list of "approved" disabilities and has been for a few years now. I don't understand why she isn't being approved. It's not like she can still walk around freely and they can look at her and say, "Oh, she can still walk and move fine so therefore she can work." *rolls eyes* They would say that about me if I even qualified but since I don't it doesn't matter. I look quite "normal." lol I'll keep her and you in my thoughts that you get "justice" soon!!

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote