View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Carrie,
Thanks for the welcome. I have 3 medications in my pump. I have clondine, bupivacaine and dilaudid in my pump. They aren't working really well though so I might start trying cone snail venom in my pump. It's a bit risky for my, so it's on the back burner for now. I also still take oxycontin, percocet for the pain and phenergan for the pain. I live in California in the very most northern part. Thanks for the advice. I just really don't want any excess surgeries. And I do tend to worry a bit. I wish you strength and joy through this hard time.
Kellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelrsd View Post
hi kellie

well as far as i know im the only one with a pump.. and as much as i know you wouldnt have to have to go back in.. there is a pocket so to say that they create when they put your pump in. and losing or gaining doesnt effect this as the pump is free floating.. for instances in december of 08 i had to have my appendix out and from having the air pumped into my stomach and because it had to be so much because my pump was right on top of my appendix that from that it moved my pump around about 180 degrees so there shouldnt be any complactions from gaining and losing as i have done the losing part and the skin will just get tighter around the pump..

if u dont mind me askin what do u have in your pump.. i have fentanyl and on the 6th i will also have maricaine 1% . i have had my pump since 04... and replaced in in the same time u had yours... where do u live ..? i live out side nashville.. tn

welcome to the group

carrie
AJSG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote