View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila View Post
can low immunoglobulin g results 831 low a 127 low m72 can this cause my neurapathy

I cannot understand what you are saying. Can you say clearly what your results are and what the normal range is?

I do know this, low IgG is not the cause of any neuropathy, and in fact, many people have low IgG subgroups of some sort, and it causes no harm. Not knowing your story, I can't say. If a doctor suspects that low IgG is making you sick, s/he will give you a pneumococcal vaccine and see if you can make antibodies to it, but this is not done unless there is suspicion your immune system is compromised.

Both my daughter and I have IgG subgroup deficiencies which run in families and cause no problems. That being said, while it didn't cause a problem in the past, I now make no antibodies to vaccines, and my IgG results to lyme tests are normal, because I do not make IgG antibodies. My IgM is normal, and is positive for lyme disease.

Lyme disease can lower IgG response and cause false negatives to tests for lyme. Lyme can cause neuropathy.

That's a string of conditions which may or may apply for you.

I'm much better being treated for lyme.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sheila (07-14-2009)