View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan needs to have an operation on his foot!!!

Oh Brother,it never ends around here!!!

He comes home today from his podiatrist and he says "I have two infections in both my feet". I said "what???? He says "yeah,and I need to have an operation on the ulcer underneath the foot, it's still not healed after 8 months and the doctor wants to talk about me having the operation". I took his sox off, took one look at the redness on the tops of his feet, called up Dr. Baird and when he got on the phone and said "Hi Mel", I said "you think it's cellulitis, right?" and he laughed and said "boy, you are good", but he said "just to make sure, I have him on an antibiotic and he can't get his feet wet". I said "no problem, now let's talk about the operation".

He said "well, this has been going on for 8 months, enough is enough, I have to shave the bone from the side of his foot and his ulcer will finally heal." I said "when do you want to do this?, and he said "well, sooner rather than later". So next week when he goes to see Dr. Baird again, I'll go with him.
I then called Peninsula Hospital and they no longer have the courtesy van that picks you up from the house and brings you home from the hospital. I asked the ambulette service how much they charge and it's $286.

I then called up Access a Ride and asked "do you go to Far Rockaway, to Peninsula Hospital and they said "sure". So the whole thing will cost us $4.00 when he has to go to Peninsula Hospital for the surgery!!!!

What is he going to come down with next??????

This will take 3 weeks to heal (that's what Dr Baird said).

Seems like all we do is see podiatrists, primary care guys, and neurologists.

Oh he has a nasty bruise on his ankle (I think he must have bumped it at the gym and because he's on plavix and aspirin, well,..........!!!

But.... the other night he woke up in the moning with a big scratches on his calf. I said "what on earth is this, you are bleeding".

He said "the demons got me during the night". I said "I think you scratched yourself with the back scratcher in your sleep".

Now we're doing demons....................jeeeeez

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote