View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 11:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSbe View Post
There's been so much speculation, there are all kinds of theories out there. The most accepted one, the most general one, is that RSD is a consequence of soft tissue trauma.

There's talk about it being genetic, autoimmune, rheumatic, ... what have you. None of those theories have proof though. The only thing that is known is what triggers it: trauma.
Yes. It does seem to be always trauma and tends to be associated with an underlying stress.

What if the unnatural pain we experience is the trigger for an autoimmune response. Do you feel there is something unholy in your limb?

Don't get me wrong, I'm certain this is a great oversimplification. Each of us is different and CRPS (RSD) is probably a constellation of diseases most of which might never be understood. I'm just trying to get some feedback on whether people believe there is an evil within. We all call this a monster but is the monster just located in one place or is it the best description for a disease that steals our lives?

When I first got the RSD I had no idea what it was. I knew it was a problem and that my hand hurt quite often but I was still productive and still able to maintain most of my life. This has been a progressive thing that seems as though I have to learn what the triggers are but (just maybe) there's a component of learning what the monster is and where resides. If our immune system is under partial conscious control we could be setting it on the pain and this is th viscious cycle that is RSD.

These are just thoughts mind you. I don't know anything but I'm trying to look at everything from all different possible perspectives. When I got on powerful antibiotics years ago for diverticulitis the RSD seemed to go into a partial remission. My doctor told me it was because the body could handle only one major crisis at a time. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now that I'm taking these antibiotics again and the RSD is again reacting the same way; like it's in very low gear.

Now I've had this idea for years that RSD is caused by a couple of microbes acting in common and one lives or reproduces in the nails of the hands or feet. So if antibiotics supresses the disease in me then it seems quite possible that either there is an infectious component or I believe that the RSD is being supressed so my immune system ratchets down which improves the symptoms.

There's gotta be a way to get better.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-15-2009)