View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 07:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Infection Connection/Immune System Response

Hi Imahotep,

I agree that you are likely on a good path. We have seen that our daughter's pain responds to antibiotics as well as to detoxification and immune boosting treatments.

She recently had a positive Lyme test with a confirmed diagnosis of Masters Disease (tick-born infection that mirrors Lyme) by a Lyme Literate MD.

Her Lyme doctor's approach is to treat slowly. It is thought that she has had this for over 6 six years, and too much too fast would overwhelm her system ... so he is treating her with low doses of oral antibiotics, pulsed every other day. Increased frequency has caused her to have herxheimer reactions, a good sign that we are getting the bacteria but an indication that toxins are being produced quicker than her system can eliminate them. She is also doing hyperbaric oxygen treatments.

In addition, she recently started getting IV vitamin/glutathione treatments in an effort to help her detox and to boost her immune system. She has mild herx reactions to these as well. I have been researching and have found that many are benefiting from the glutathione for several neurological conditions.

Apparently, there are numerous viruses and co-infections that can come along with a "Lyme" diagnosis. Some believe that there is this connection in many who have received MS, Autism, ALS, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Fibromyalgia, RSD, etc. diagnoses, which ties in with you thinking about Asperger's.

Keep searching. I pray that your quest will bring you wisdom and relief.

Jeanne
jenno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-15-2009), Dubious (07-15-2009)