Old 07-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarkie
LOL! I have to say Shadow took to the harness much better than Samuel did! We took him to a large mall with a harness on when he was not even 2 (I was pregnant), and he literally dragged me all over the place! It must have looked like one of those people you see trying to walk a really big dog. He would just yank me right off my feet!

Some cats will accept a harness, and some simply WILL NOT. Picabo would let me put it on her, but then she would simply turn into a lump. She wasn't going anywhere. I tried putting it on Katie exactly once. She went ballistic and I didn't know if I was even going to be able to catch her to get it off, or if I might lose a finger in the process. Shadow liked it so much she would actually go and get it and carry it to me in her mouth!
I can relate to these stories. The lay down and become a lump is very familiar! Our one cat who traveled well, didn't mind the harness at all. The harness was really for ME because I was afraid she'd bolt out the car door unexpectedly.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (07-15-2009)