View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 04:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default coffee and tea

Thanks Rick for sharing, so helpful. I remember reading that a nurse once said most health problems could be prevented if people just supplemented with three things:

potassium
magnesium
calcium

I wonder, since coffee and tea are a type of diuretic, do they also leach potassium from the body? And off topic, my mom was having heart palpitations and her doc immediately put her on a diuretic, with no mention of needing to supplement with potassium. My research indicated that very often, a potassium deficiency causes the heart palpitations in the first place, and the diuretic only makes things worse because it leaches even more potassium out of the body. I had my mom throw out the pills the doc prescribed, and got her on a potassium supplement...guess what? Palpitations gone. Her doc remains clueless.

What type of potassium are you taking (citrate, aspartate, etc.) and what is the brand? How many mg at a time, and do you feel any effects other than good ones?

I am very happy you are feeling better, and hope it continues to improve for you.

Last edited by lurkingforacure; 07-16-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: clarification
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote