View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

love you DM. what kind of surgery did your niece have? how old is she?
i'm glad it went well tho. sorry about your headaches and pain. stay well my friend.

just a quickie from me. today was an awful day. i knew my legs were bad the 1st hr i was up. i went to my eye dr appt. came home and laid in bed and then went to my neuro appt. didn't take any pain meds as i needed for him to see me the way i really feel.

my neuro exam was NORMAL. he said my legs tested the same as before. i felt like i could hardly walk and the pain in my legs and feet was intolerable. i could hardly stand to wear my shoes. bottom line is he said i had spasticity and nerve pain. he even gave me back half my $$$ for the visit because he said he couldn't recommend anything else to help me. i was already on it.

anything stronger would have to come from a pain clinic. i'm going to see my pcp next wk and called my injection doc to get a referral. otherwise there's a pain clinic at the place i go to for my PT so i'm going to ask about that tomorrow. he'll write me a cover letter and referral if needed. i think i'll ask for that anyway when i decide where to go.

i took 2 percoset when i got home which just hit me 3 hrs later. he said we needed to break the pain cycle. i can't live like this anymore so have to seek other help.

the injection doc's office called and wants me to have 2 more sets of injections each 1 wk apart. this time they're going to inject the facets. i need to get a better explanation from the dr. she said that IF they help then they'll know they can do the ablation. if they don't i won't be a candidate and surgery would be my option. if that will help my legs i'll do it.

anyway. that's my sad story. the only good thing about today is that it's almost over and the worst is over.

take care guys.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann