View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 10:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all your feedback. I have just come back from hospital after having two lots of ivig. It definitely was easier than plasma exchange - at least my blood pressure stayed stable but cant say I have got the amazing lift that plasma gave me. In saying that i am at least now able to breathe, swallow and talk to people but really arent ready to even walk around the shops. I am being patient and hope it will kick in soon. I do feel a bit flu like but at least the headache has one now - but I can cope with those symptons easily.

If I am right it seems to take a few days for most people to fill great ???

My neuro said that he wont do ivig on a maintenance basis but only when I really need it as its too hard to get approval for it on an ongoing regular basis - bummer. Still he is prepared to do ivig instead of plasma as he has now admitted that it is too dangerous for me to crash so badly - there are some times when they machine wont even register a blood pressure it goes so low

Again thanks for the information - reading about ivig really helped when i was in hospital and i made sure that the nurses did it really slow and knew exactly what symptons and side effects that would happen. I also drank a load of water which I think helped tremendously. Amazingly if it wasnt for you guys I wouldnt have known to do that - not one doctor or nurse told me to hydrate!!

I am going to put up a new thread about blood pressure as I dont know if this is an mg sympton???
LindaR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote