Thread: Crps
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Greedy and Welcome,
I'm so sorry you have RSD. I got RSD after surgery and one of my symptoms was swelling. The Dr. took a syringe and withdrew a lot of fluid, It was lime green, which now I know means infection. I was referred to a rehab Dr. and Physical Therapy Have you been to an Orthopedic Sports Injury Dr.? I know Physical Therapy helped me along with Massage Therapy. I had frozen shoulder from the surgery. I know that the vitamin store has vitamins to lose excess water, like apple cider vitamins. There are also meds to lose excess water.
My Dr. always told me to lose excess water, the best thing to do is to drink plenty of water. What has your Dr. suggested? How is your blood pressure? A lot of us have high blood pressure due to RSD and the sympathetic nervous system. The para sympathetic nervous system causes low blood pressure. If it get too low, you can pass out. That happened to me, and I was out about hour and half, My husband was home, and was in a different part of the house. When I woke up I couldn't get up, so crawled and got his attention. I was in hospital 4 days. It usually happens more than once. I have a friend here that it has happened to 3 or 4 times. I check my pressure regular, bought a cuff.
Have you had your kidneys checked? The RSD can go to internal organs. Welcome again and hope you are having a good day. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote