View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 10:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

BW--I think it's worth a try for a limited amount of visits. I would re-read your post and consider taking out the term "cure" that you use. Don't you think TOS is something that you manage-even if you don't experience pain or bad posture for the rest of your life?

I would agree w/Jo and would consider asking for a lighter version or for shorter duration of intense very deep work. btw-I endured long term deep work from a Chinese speaking osteo... in chinatown. He let it be known via translation that he was working on freeing the nerves in the neck to arms. I was ok with this pressure at that time but I did ask him to go a bit lighter. It did not harm me but in the end I don't think it had a great cumulative release. I also know TOS folk who have done well w/Rolfing and that is very deep work. I'd use your intuition and try to isolate new things so that you can see if/how the various things work. I'd also add ice or whatever is appropriate after doing the deep work. Your morning response does sound like it's more than would be wise for me. imo-It's not about how much you can tolerate but if the work helps you release and has a lasting and cumulative benefit.

thanks for letting us know about this new work; it's exciting to hear about a new approach.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-17-2009)