View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hi Linda!

Hello again! Isn;t it mind blowing that no one in the "medical" profession told you to hydrate? That is one of the many, many reasons that I love this site!

My first exp with IV IG was nothing short of a miracle, but then again I was almost gone by that point - really and truly! Now it takes a few days b/4 I feel my BIG boost - still love that feeling, but my neuro is advocating plasma exchange.....we'll see!

Are you getting any pre IV IG meds? People are usually given benadryl and tylenol just in case....I don't take mine as I don;t have side effects from IV IG other than being really thirsty!

Can't wait to hear from you!
Big hugs!
ERin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
Thanks for all your feedback. I have just come back from hospital after having two lots of ivig. It definitely was easier than plasma exchange - at least my blood pressure stayed stable but cant say I have got the amazing lift that plasma gave me. In saying that i am at least now able to breathe, swallow and talk to people but really arent ready to even walk around the shops. I am being patient and hope it will kick in soon. I do feel a bit flu like but at least the headache has one now - but I can cope with those symptons easily.

If I am right it seems to take a few days for most people to fill great ???

My neuro said that he wont do ivig on a maintenance basis but only when I really need it as its too hard to get approval for it on an ongoing regular basis - bummer. Still he is prepared to do ivig instead of plasma as he has now admitted that it is too dangerous for me to crash so badly - there are some times when they machine wont even register a blood pressure it goes so low

Again thanks for the information - reading about ivig really helped when i was in hospital and i made sure that the nurses did it really slow and knew exactly what symptons and side effects that would happen. I also drank a load of water which I think helped tremendously. Amazingly if it wasnt for you guys I wouldnt have known to do that - not one doctor or nurse told me to hydrate!!

I am going to put up a new thread about blood pressure as I dont know if this is an mg sympton???