View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 12:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Shar!

Hello sweetheart! Sounds like the Lord made your decision, huh? Just the thought of it gives me chills!

You obviously NEED this time off to worry about you! Don't worry about the little things - you have Him to lean on during those times!

Big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharS View Post
Thanks for all your words of wisdom for me.

Rach - Thank you for your kind words. They rang very true and help me face my situation and also comfort.

Joanmarie - I loved what you said about curly hair. I actually got a curly perm in my hair so I wouldn't have to try to blow dry my hair and use all my strength trying to fix it in the morning! The things you said reminded me of how much strength is needed to do even small things in the day much less working all day.

Sue - thank you for the tips. They were very helpful and confirmed what the HR person told me. My doctor IS great - I am so fortunate in that regard.

ras1256 - your words are so true. I think you said it well - my head and my heart are in conflict with each other and I tend to be more of a "heart" listener instead of a "head" listener.

I've struggled all day, but this afternoon it was taken out of my hands. HR called and said they had notified my insurance to roll everything over to long term disability. The insurance company told them they have everything needed from my doctor and them now and it all seems to be in order. She said I don't need to do anything else - they should have it complete by Monday. I was so surprised. She also "counseled" me somewhat that I really have to listen to my doctor and not try to come back at this time. She said if I get stronger I can begin to come back a few hours each week and that I have 2 years to do this before having to either come back full time or go on permanent disability. So, it looks like the decision has been made for me. I will say that when she told me all this, I felt like the weight of the world was off my shoulders. This also surprised me. I think I was putting so much pressure on myself. I will keep you all posted on the final results next week. Thank you for your thoughts.