View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 01:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think one of the more surprising effects of my gluten free life has been the lifting of my depression. I never knew that one could feel so happy. Most days I feel absolutely joyful. The only way I know to describe it is "music in my brain". I don't even get upset when other cars cut me off on the freeway

Claire - you put it so well. "I wasn't really depressed either, but just had these annoying thoughts of suicide that I learned not to take seriously. It's strange what the mind can do." That was me too. I never realized how depressed I was until I went GF. Maybe depressed is the wrong word. Maybe a better word is "sad" or "shy" or "withdrawn" Thoughts of suicide - I had these ever since I can remember, but never told anyone. It was not something that I ever acted upon. Somehow these thoughts would just happen. They disappeared 3 yrs ago with the start of my GF life

About a year before I discovered the gluten connection on BT, my doctors were prescribing antidepressants. Sadness and fatigue were taking over my life. Luckily I could not tolerate any of the pills they prescribed.

Sadness (but not thoughts of suicide) is a symptom of a gluten oops for me.

I too hope others will read our stories and see hope.
Anne

Last edited by annelb; 09-13-2006 at 08:46 PM.
annelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote