Thread: Nerve Block
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 10:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can't tell you where to read about inflamed nerves. When my pain doctor placed the needles in the facets, it hurts like *&$%. Each time he moves the needle, it hurts like @#$* again, and this happens each time he does it...until its done. Bear in mind that you need to go through diagnostic rounds, usually two, and see the results of those before they will consider doing RFA's to the facets. Then, they do it again and in my case, it hurts even more because the nerves are "inflamed" and not happy. Several things make the nerves angry, such as bulging discs, facet hypertrophy(I think??), degenerative changes, stenosis, etc....there is a site called spine universe or something that talks about spine stuff in detail. I'll try to find it and post a link.

I hope this makes some sense. In my case, chronic neck pain preceeded all of this with spontaneous muscle spasms and such in the neck. I've been told that when the nerves are irritated/inflamed, they cause all these problems which has led to ON, as I indicated in my previous post. I really do hope this makes sense
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote