View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 11:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Now that I've been on LDN for just over a month, I thought I'd tell my story.

Iwas diagnosed a little over 3 years ago with RRMS when I went numb from the waist down. First flare was over 9 years ago with nothing much in between, so I've had MS for at least nine or ten years. My mother and a first cousin also have MS.

I've had a pretty mild course - heat intolerance, occasional fatigue issues and some sensory stuff. I can't ever imagine doing injections (wuss), most of the people I know with MS are doing OK without DMD's, and I just plain hate taking any kind of medicine.

I've been following this thread since its beginning, checked out the LDN website and, with some help from Cherie, got together a package about LDN for my GP. He agreed to prescribe it and I started at 3 mg. where I've stayed so far. Summer is my worst time of year so I thought now probably wouldn't be a good time to titrate up.

I wasn't expecting any results; more a hedge against progression. I didn't notice any difference at all and everything was going smoothly (did I mention that I hate taking any medicine?). One evening, two weeks ago, we had company over and several people were complaining about how hot it was. That's when it dawned on me - I was hot just like everyone else, but I was still functioning!

Heat intolerance has been my worst problem - probably my first MS issue way before my first actual flare. I am no longer the first person to complain about the heat! I still feel hot, I sweat, I retain water, my fingers get like sausages..... but I can think and function. Yay LDN.

Thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences with LDN - I wouldn't have done it without you!

C
CarolM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-18-2009), Lady (07-18-2009), lady_express_44 (07-19-2009), SallyC (07-18-2009), Twinkletoes (07-20-2009)