View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Thanks, Jo. We won't change anything right now.

But we did use the new toolbar on the laptop and I emailed myself the link I lost...so both are on the laptop now in the
new toolbar as "most visited links".. I even saved my new password just in case (I normally don't save them, but for traveling I thought it was best).

Barring some unforeseen thing, I should be able to log on a few times when we go to town, etc. I hope the wifi is still there for free like before...you never know about things like that!
The library had a new wifi, that they turned on only when the library was open...not for weekends. But it is some "secure" thing the library uses and will not work with Mozilla at all..only IE. Year before last, the wifi was down almost all the time--for some upgrade to the phone services -- and we couldn't get online hardly at all.

This year we may take some DVDs...to play on the computer.
If it this cold weather continues...we'll need some diversion!
Today was the coldest recorded day up there for this date in July!

Once the 3G thing improves, we may get it for the laptop, but we'll have to see about that eventually. My hubby just got 3G for his business computer. Too bad we can't use it recreationally. It wasn't 3G up there yet last summer. My son's iPhone was very slow, for example. It just went digital for cell phone service up there from mixed analog/digital. My cell battery life is much longer now.

I have such a hard time with all this techno stuff. I sure appreciate your posts!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (07-18-2009)