View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 04:01 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Nide

Im so sorry to hear about your son. I hope they can help him better then those of up with PN. My Prayers are with you and your family.

I think nerves can grow back but it depends on the cause of why the nerves died or were hurt. A few years ago I fell really hard on concrete trying to help my husband more a big generator, it got away from him and threw me face first down, this was before I had Pn but the Dr said if I waited till the next morning to come in and didnt feel how much this hurt something was wrong then. My orbit of my eye fractured and the bone that holds your eye in was crushed.

I went to the ER the next morning and they took xrays, I had to have an operation immediately or my eyeball would fall out! You should have seen how I looked, half my face was twice its size.

During surgery I woke up and set up, I had told them they better give me enough meds to keep me knocked out , guess they didnt believe I was that tolerant of meds. They got me back under fast and I didnt feel a thing. I read this on the op report that they wer holding my eyeball ekk.

somewhere along the line either the fall or the surgery my nerve that goes from my eye to my lips was damaged. They didnt know if it was permanent or not. The Dr said I would have to wait a long time to see if my nerve repaired itself. Im glad to say that it DID, it took over a year but I can feel the left side of my face not and my lip, dont drool anymore Yah.

So I know personally a nerve can heal its just the cause, sometimes they do sometimes they dont. My Dr said I was lucky my nerve did, and told the Dr I was lucky he caught my eyeball.

Dana
californiaDana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote