View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyW View Post
Hey, i have been suffering with tos for about a year longer than you. I also came to find it was very much a long and winding road, with regards to getting diagnosis and proper treatment. I must say that your physio is really throwing everything at you - and all at once! I have had 3 round of physio with varying results - one massaged me and used acupuncture, not that beneficial. The second tried to strenghen me - of some use but only for short period of time then exercises became painful. The 3rd (current) is good and is trying to get some movement back in my c & t spine and neck - she is taking it slowly as my back basically hasnt moved properly since 2005! She loosened up a jaw joint which has almost made my headahces vanish (fab!).

Basically everything has become so sensitised and the protective mechanism my body set into place to protect me from pain is making things a hell of a lot worse and she is trying to bring me down slowly from all of that.

Have you tried using heat pads?....i swear by them.....
Yeah I feel like she is getting too aggressive but thought maybe I was being a baby.She does ask me if things are too much and I told her she needed to go slower w/ the rib mobilization and she has...TG!!!That burned and hurt.She has me on my stomach and does these massage techniques from my neck down to my mid back now,too.Which is ok.
I really need help w/ how to work on my posture and it is really bad.Heck I feel worse on the weekends when I'm off work..you would think being away from the job would be better but doesn't seem so.
Do you have a hard time breathing?I feel like any activity causes me to feel winded and often after a meal I feel drowsy and winded,too.
I have migraines and my left ear constantly buzzes,and my right eye is larger than the other one bc I guess my TOS is mostly on my right side as I am right handed...
I do use heat packs and am probably going to buy a heating pad.I also ice it.
Another odd thing is my thoughts get jumbled like I am in a fog....could it be arteries being squeezed and less oxygen to brain??My PT says my TOS is not real bad as some other ppl and I am fixable w/o surgery,she believes.....hope she is right.
Thanks for replying and all the help I get would be very appreciated so any suggestions or replies are welcome...THANK YOU!!!!
crombie00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote