View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 03:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default We beg to differ

I am glad for you. I am glad you were able to build up enough years working to be able to afford the best care. I only hope those with Young onset have been able to do the same. I prefer our system.I would still like to have a reference for that statement, as any politicion,even Tony Blair, that knocked our health system would be asking for big trouble. I cannot understand how I missed it, as the newspapers would have had a field day. Come on back up your statement,give us a reference. We are not a third world country we have a very sophisticated system, which is certainly not an inferior system to your own.It has it faults but then so does anything
There are people in this country who choose to go private and there are some who have private health insurance but the point is that they do not receive better medical care.They may jump a queue, if it is non urgent.They certainly would have more luxurious accommodation in that, they would would have expensive wallpaper on the walls not paint and smoked salmon for their meals, but the medical care would not be any better.Where our NHS is good is when you have a life threatening illness;then the whole weight of it swings into action and very quickly. This last week a friend who has been found to have aggressive bladder cancer has seen a number of experts in this area and the whole of the South West, now he has been sent to a centre of excellence and will be under the the top man in the country, without having to worry about paying ,or his insurance company kicking up. We all moan about the NHS that may be part of the English character, in the same way as we moan about the weather, but I doubt if anyone would want to get rid of it. I would still like to know what happens in your area to those people who, through no fault of their own,perhaps they have young onset P.D, who do not have private health care.Do they have an inferior service? I suspect they would only get basic care.We may have many misconceptions about each others healthcare system and I think you have about ours, but that goes both ways because I would not want to be poor and need healthcare in many other countries including the U.S.
EnglishCountryDancer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote