View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 08:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=crombie00;539469]Yeah I feel like she is getting too aggressive but thought maybe I was being a baby.She does ask me if things are too much and I told her she needed to go slower w/ the rib mobilization and she has...TG!!!That burned and hurt.She has me on my stomach and does these massage techniques from my neck down to my mid back now,too.Which is ok.
I really need help w/ how to work on my posture and it is really bad.Heck I feel worse on the weekends when I'm off work..you would think being away from the job would be better but doesn't seem so.
Do you have a hard time breathing?I feel like any activity causes me to feel winded and often after a meal I feel drowsy and winded,too.
I have migraines and my left ear constantly buzzes,and my right eye is larger than the other one bc I guess my TOS is mostly on my right side as I am right handed...
I do use heat packs and am probably going to buy a heating pad.I also ice it.
Another odd thing is my thoughts get jumbled like I am in a fog....could it be arteries being squeezed and less oxygen to brain??My PT says my TOS is not real bad as some other ppl and I am fixable w/o surgery,she believes.....hope she is right.
Thanks for replying and all the help I get would be very appreciated so any suggestions or replies are welcome...THANK YOU!!!![

It does seem like she is a little aggressive - does she has experience with tos or other complicated upper limb disorders....i think that good tos physios are hard to come by - took me 4 years to find the right one! She understands that everything in me is now oversensitised and that she needs to tread gently - and that looking at my posture is a must - your physio should be looking at your posture and not just poking around and massaging you!

Well i often find that i am better off moving around (as long as im not doing anything arm intense!) - as a pose to sitting down, as i find often find it very hard to get cosy, even with 20 million cushions and wot not! I think many of the guys on here would possibly say a similar thing too.

I do often get winded easily (maybe from the silliest of things, like a quick jog up the stairs!) I find that sometimes its hard to catch a deep breath, if that makes sense. Due to extra pressures put our lungs from some rib involement perhaps??

My physio had an interesting insight into why my memory is getting so bad and why i am often searching for my words - its all to do with long term pain and how our brains get backed up with pain signals....affects our memory in the long term.....nice!!!

Mirgraines seem to go hand in hand with this condition and again with a good physio, they should be able to do some adjustments to certain joints in your face which may be able to relieve some of these......

ps - electric heat pad is my best friend - have it on low to sleep, or i cant sleep!!
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote