View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 09:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCountryDancer View Post
So please reassure me that if I lived near you and because I had not had the life chances you have had, so had not been able to afford health insurance or not had your intelligence to realise its importance I would get top notch care. People can be poor or get ill for all kinds of reasons often not of their own making. Please do not tell me you worked hard and anyone can do that because you must realise that some people, through fault of their own cannot do that.Come on show some compassion. Self righteousness has no place in this discussion.
my "life chance" as you call it, was working my rear-end off 12+ hours per day, Carrying 100lb rolls of 4/0 welding cable up flights of stairs etc.
So much for the "glamor" of show business!!!
If I am indeed "Self-righteous" my account is paid in full!! I have the broken body to prove it.

As Jean said, hospitals cannot turn away the sick or injured. Granted it is an imperfect system, but it seems to work judging from the flood of illegal aliens from all over the world who come here for treatment.

Charlie
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote