View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 10:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, So, here's the deal. After many years without a vacation I am taking a road trip. I am leaving next Sunday, July 26th to head northeast to vacation on my favorite place on Earth.

My parents winter in Arizona and summer in Wisconsin on a small island named "Washington Island" It is at the end of the peninsula above Green Bay and Milwaukee. The Island is a rare find. There are no traffic lights, a year round population of 300 and summer population of 3000. No fast food restaurants allowed, a real Mayberry. I spent every one of my summers up there growing up. My parents have a lakefront home there and I am very excited to go.

Below is my map of intended travel. My dog, Morgan, is going with me in Felix (my car). Kyle, my nephew went with my parents in May and is working on island this summer. His best friend, Trevor is going with me and then when I leave I am dropping Kyle and Trevor at Kyles paternal grandparents home in Minneapolis Mn. and I am driving home with Morgan.

Projected time is a week to get there, two weeks there and a week to get home. I will be posting many pic's and comments throughout. If any of you are near my route, let me know, meet up with me and lets have a lunch/dinner.

YIPPEE!!!! I can't wait.
Attached Images
File Type: png screen-capture.png (206.2 KB, 131 views)
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-19-2009), Kitt (07-19-2009)