View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 05:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How are you feeling?

Our ability to want to post here goes hand in hand with how we are feeling at the moment. If we have been "thrown off" by a wrong medication regimen, we often feel like getting it out there. Not like we are talking to our doctors, but that we are talking to real live PWP, people that might have encountered the same problem and may have some suggestions toward a "fix". For example, many of us are undermedicated , and for a good reason. Sometimes , following the dosage recomendations given by ones neuro are simply not right. This can make us feel really bad, and one doesn't know that it is a medication problem, but instead tends to blame "it's just PD".
Sometimes , i get so hyperactive and it's before my next dose. What does this mean. I don't know. I'm sure my doc doesn't know. However, many of us have felt the same reactions at one time or another and can say "it was the requip" or whatever.
Certainly, one should never quit taking a drug without a slow down titration, but if this seems to work, it points to the medication, not the disease itself. Take depression for instance. Now I can't miss a dose of effexor, or I just "fall off the cliff" in short order, but is this related to taking the medication at the wrong time? I don't know. And there are so many "i don't knows". We don't know if natural or herbal supplements are really doing any good. We don't know if what our neuro prescribed is an optimal medication for our "individual" case of PD, and we don't know what would be, unless we try a whole gamut of drugs, which we need access to try and see if there is something better, for our individual case of PD.
My point in this point is to "pester" your neuro to try different adjuncts to enable you to "see how you're feeling". I am convinced that there is an optimal drug regimen for all PWP, but we are sorely in need of the attention of an expert in order to "hit the nail on the head".
So for all you PWP who are "feeling badly", don't give up on it. Post your problems here and together we may be able to suggest what you may ask your neuro to try next. And there are also herbal remedies that can make you feel better, but this demands the input of an expert in the subject , one that is difficult to find, because their numbers are so few.
Remember, you CAN feel better, but it demands input from professionals, as well as information that we collectively can give you at this site.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again. cs

Last edited by ol'cs; 12-29-2006 at 05:36 PM.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote