View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you for making think I'm NOT crazy!!!

Carrie, I just read this and got tears in my eyes. For a couple of years now I have had swelling throughout my body - especially heavy on the left side and extremeties. About 6 months ago, I was diagnosed with "coxsackie disease" - also known as the "devils grip". Yes, it feels like the devils grip all right! I was a smoker (until 3 months) ago, developed double pneumonia and was hospitalized for 6 days. I do have emphyzema in the upper portions of both lungs. I also have "spongy" bulges on the top of my left shoulder and on the very top of my left shoulder, which now goes down into the top part of my armpit. They keep getting bigger - the doctor told me it's my inflammed lung protruding from the rib cage / chest cavity??? I'm being referred to the Mayo Clinic to find out what's wrong (but, the appointments are over 6 months out). I'm miserable on a daily basis and would so welcome any insight you or anyone else may have. I will be sure to share any information I feel is relevant as well. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2bponca View Post
Does anybody have "spongy" bulges on the top of the shoulders, close to the base of your neck?

These popped up on me about the time my neurogenic symptoms first did. Even though I hadn't gained any weight or anything, I had two doctors say they were "new" fat, one said the top of my lungs were protruding through my rib cage (yeah, right! - just all of a sudden?), and the other one just totally blew me off like I'm a hypochondriac.

Many times when my neuro symptoms start up, the pain is right over these bulges.

Any ideas?

Carrie
tylersproudmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-20-2009)