View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 12:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbeatmom View Post
hello. I am currently being treated with lumbar injections..on my 2nd set and no results at all...I am on the verge of giving up. I was injured almost 1 year ago on my birthday and knew it wasnt a normal injury, 11 months later I am far worse than before and dont' know where else to go for help. I have seen doctor after doctor, refer me here and there...now i have a good doctor in pain managment but the injections seem to do nothing. My rsd is in my right foot. It swells, hurts terribly, turns aweful colors, spotchy, poor range of montion, I walk with a cane, my foot is now popping and crackiing and now my knees are buckeling.

I feel so lost. I am glad I found this site tonight.
I got RSD in my right hand about 2 yrs ago following hand surgery. I got ALOT of physical therapy for months. It is very important to keep the body part that is affected moving. Besides getting therapy, I also recieved nerve blocks in my cervical spine that helped at first, but after about 4 treatments it didn't work anymore. I have heard that some people need a Vagus nerve stimulator, which I was not a canidate for. Be sure to see a doctor that specializes in RSD. Take Care----hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-22-2009)