View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 09:28 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default again....

ok trying again.

Wendy, you have listed the classic reasons people give when they talk about retirement. It is affecting their job and they have no energy for anything else but their job. Sounds like it's time to at least check into it.

Cs, after having pd for awhile, when the meds are playing havoc with you, I think what you eat and when you eat it is just as relevant to how well your med is going to work as anything else. Too much meat and I know I am going to go off and try to remember to take extra med before I eat. Sometimes even extra med isn't enough. A big breakfast is just asking for it. Protein blocks your meds, but just too much food seems to also.

No sleep? Chances are your meds won't work as well. Fight with your spouse? Instant off.

You mentioned a hyper feeling. I know what that feeling is and I hate it. There is such a thing as "end of dose" dyskinesia. I don't know if that applies but I think our insides are doing things just as tight and rigid feeling as our outside is. I become dehydrated from the meds by afternoon and that can cause pain and do weird things to your muscles.

How do I feel? Depends on which half hour of the day you ask me and I know you know exactly what I mean.

What you eat and how much you eat becomes very important though.

my two cents,
Paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote