View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

ZF-
Anxiety seems to be a cornerstone of PD for many of us. It seems linked to the prenatal environment, at least for rats.

You know the usuals: meditation, hypnosis, exercise, etc. They do help, often greatly.

A sense of control of one's life is another, as you have noted. -Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZucchiniFlower View Post
PD affects the basal ganglia, a part of the brain that is also connected to obsessive compulsive behaviors and other mental problems. My dad had PD with extreme anxiety that did not respond to drugs. He even had ECT several times to combat it. He saw a doctor once a year at Mass General (my dad lived in FL) and the neuro, an MDS, said he didn't want to see him anymore because he could not deal with my dad's anxieties. That hurt my parents a lot.

I think the need to avoid anxiety is at the root of my attempt to live a regimented life without stress. I avoid any thing that might cause me anxiety, in a kind of obsessive way. That leads me to procrastinate, which causes me more anxiety. I've been trying to get a handle on things but it's hard to do it alone. I may seek some therapy soon because I seem to be sabotaging myself in many ways. My life should be simple, and I'm messing it up.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote