Thread: Can't lift leg
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was mid forties when I got my Dx. your NOT too old, so dont take BS from MDs who want to shove you out their door.

That said...there are more than 100 diseases than can mimic MS symptoms. Getting an MS diagnosis, is the process of ruling out as many other the other ones as possible through blood tests, MRIs, spinal taps, and so forth, before you are left with a probably hand ful of 5 or so, and then the MD will pick which is more likely based on your history and symptoms. Its a process that can make you wanna pull your hair out, and feel like they just dont get it.

I had been having sx (symptoms) for years, and kept getting dismissed as "migraines" or "anxiety" or "viral" and no one could explain why my C reactive protein test was off the chart and rising. Why my inflammatory markers were soaring. Why I had dropped foot, and even my Optic neuritis was explained away as "migraine" or "viral" by the way Optic neuritis is a hall mark sign on MS. After going to an MS clinic the MD there was shocked that so many had walked by such clear cut signs, and I was diagnosed without a spinal tap, at 45. One MD actually told me I was too old to have MS. I said "not if I have had it for years, and everyone has missed it!" he didnt have an answer for that.

Sorry you have a need to find our lil club house, but happy we can be here to help if you need it.

Hang in there.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote