View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 04:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kathi,
I had my revision on the 29 July and my vents are now 'too big' according to the last scan I had a few weeks ago! But I have symptoms of overdraining and I'm actually going to have the pressure RAISED on Monday next week. CT's don't always reflect exactly what's going on in terms of pressure as I have learnt! If you feel better, that's the main thing. Believe me, you'll know if you're overdraining! I know I am as I feel worse towards the end of the day and after moving around and the pressure feelings are pretty bad. I feel pretty rough most of the time...but that's not because the new shunt isn't working....it's actually working perfectly well.....we just haven't found the right pressure yet (it's a programmable). I did have slit vents at the time of my surgery and apparently this takes a while to correct itself and for the pressures to return to normal, which is why 7 weeks after surgery I'm still up and down. If your NS isn't worried, I wouldn't fret too much...if you start to feel ill again...that's a whole other story. But if it IS overdraining, they'll probably catch it before it gets too far. Glad you're feeling so much better though! That's great!
Spiritgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote