View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

DM...that is risky. i'm glad she came thru it and is recovering. i wish her well.
i'm sorry about your pain and hope your appt goes well on thurs.

i went to PT this am. my lymphedema is no better so she showed me how to wrap my arm. it almost looks like a cast. stockinette over the entire arm, cotton type wrap over that and ace wrap over that. she included my hand but i need my hand and so i'm starting the wrap at my wrist.

she said i should wear it 24/7 except for showers. i look like the swamp creature's wife! plus, it's hot. and don't ask what i do when i can't wear sleeveless tops. ? i don't know if i can sleep in this but i'll try. i can't duplicate exactly how she wrapped it but i guess it'll do.

a noodle kugel/pudding is made up of this: my mom's recipe is so easy. you mix together the ingredients and put the uncooked noodles in the same bowl. turn it out into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 1 hr.
some of the ingredients are:

egg noodles, butter, cinnamon, eggs, milk, crushed pineapple, handful of raisins, sugar, vanilla etc. it's a bit on the sweet side but i add less sugar and use skim milk. my family loves it. my niece always requests it when she comes.

if you want the recipe i'll be more specific. we eat it as a substitute for potatoes with a main dish like chicken or brisket.

well, take care. i'll see you tomorrow.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-06-2013), SandyC (07-22-2009)