View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 02:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Mel!

Yep! I had really bad problems with my hands b/4 the thymectomy. I couldn't EVEN move my fingers @ all to type- it was really scary! You may need an extra boost for now! Maybe your dr can up your pred or you can have IV IG or the other.

I have had tingly/numb fingers and feet for many years - waaaay back when I was in my early 20s.........I recently had a test done for neuropathy - it came back negative.....

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this! After your boost (if your dr allows) I bet you will feel 100% again! You have been sucha fighter - don't give up! It does get better! It really does!

Love,
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezmommy View Post
I am unsure if this is related to MG or if I am dealing with something else. I have always had problems with my hands but it came and went. Occassionally I would have fingers that would feel numb or tingly.

Now my hands are constantly "numb". I have difficulty doing things with my hands. It feels as though I have no feeling in my hands. Putting barettes in my daughter's hair, washing the kids faces, applying my own make -up etc. etc. I could go on and on because it seems like I having a hard time now with ANYTHING that I have to use my hands.

I am really concerned about this because it does not improve with meds or rest. When I mentioned it to my neurologist he said that it sounded more like nerves than muscles but that is all he said. I had an EMG done on my right hand in April and it was normal.

I am really struggling with this. I have learned to adjust that I cannot do stairs and a lot of walking. I had the thymectomy in Feb. I take Azathioprine 100mg, Mestinon 300mg, Prednisone 5mg and Synthroid .075 mcg
I feel that my hands are progressively getting worse.

Any thoughts are appreciated. ~ Melanie