View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

No bleeding after intercourse is normal annabella, and although there are many conditions that might cause it....please know that each and every one of them is treatable. They all need investigation I'm afraid, so you'll need to overcome your embarrassment.

I know it's hard to tell your doctor embarrassing things sometimes, but gosh.... if I'd been too embarrassed to tell my doctor about the bleeding I had from my bowel, I'd probably be dead by now because mine turned out to be cancer. Please don't let that happen to you.

Bleeding from the vagina... unrelated to menstruation, does have many causes, and here are some of them.

Vaginal Yeast Infections: A very common vaginal infection caused by an overgrowth of the natural yeast inhabitants of the vagina. Common after courses of oral antibiotics, but can happen due to other causes as well. Other than bleeding, symptoms include itching, burning, and an odorless, white, cheese-like discharge.

Cervical dysplasia : This is a precancerous change to the cervix. If you haven't had a pap smear for a while, now's probably a good time to go get one.

Vaginitis or cervicitis: which is simply an inflammation of the cervix, with or without infection.

Polyps. You can get polyps on your cervix or in your uterus, just as easily as you can get them in your bowel or your nasal passages. Polyps are little outgrowths of the mucous layer. They're extremely fragile, bleed easily but are simple to remove..... should that be your problem.

Endometriosis
can also cause bleeding. That's an inflammation of the inner most layer of your uterus, but sometimes leaves the uterus and attaches itself to other organs in the lower abdomen, like the ovaries or bowel.

Then are the sexually transmitted diseases and of cause, cancer.

Please see your doctor annabella. No matter what the cause of your bleeding, any treatment will help or cure your problem, as long as you seek help early.....and please remember that I'd be dead or dying by now had I not overcome my own embarrassment. Please try to overcome your own.

Sending you some understanding hugs.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote