View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My Neuro app't yesterday

Well, my neuro dr has assured me I definitely have "limbic" MG, & it will not progress to bulbar ("unlikely")...guess, after reading the forum, my paranoia engaged & I expected a different response, last visit I thought he was backpedaling cuz of my sero-negativity (positive decremental EMG)...brought him the article by Dr Angela Vincent & he also hopes she comes up with more definitive testing for us all....

Well, now he has prescribed IVIG for me & I'm trying to get my mind wrapped 'round it, wasn't expecting it so soon...the Mestinon has helped some, but I'm still unable to do much activity, tho I am very functional, at least 'til my recent carpal tunnel surgery....(2nd time & the nerves were badly damaged according to the ortho doc; he can't explain it, or the severe incapacitating nerve pain I'm having...so now it's off to a neuro surgeon...never ends) ...

Well, I do feel reasonably lucky to have gotten to this age before it all fell apart..now I know in hindsight why I was always so tired & unable to run or walk very far.... another reason not to retire....my situation pales to most of yours & I realize just how devastating it is for you & hope you all are doing better & the medical establishment finds better treatments for this debilitating disease......

Dottie
korbi_doc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote