View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 10:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I've only had one

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryec View Post
Looking for some info on how these biopsies are & how long recovery is. Mine is going to be in the leg. I have heard the nerve biopsy is the worst one, but do not know why. Any help with this stuff would be great !
Thank you, Mary

Sorry I can't be too much help, I've only had the muscle biopsy.

I also had mine on my leg. They had to do mine with only a local. Because they didn't want to put me under. As far as getting to the muscle you only feel a tugging feeling, but then when they take the sample it is a sharp pain that only lasts a few seconds for each sample they take. I think for me they took four pieces of muscle. Then they stitch you up and you have to stay for about 45 minutes (I think that's how long it was) to make sure your blood pressure is good after.

For me it was the tugging feeling that made me nauseous but it wasn't too bad. Make sure you have a couple days that you can just relax and recover because walking will be a little difficult and for the rest of they day you are supposed to try and stay off it as much as you can.

I had to go home and take care of the kids and I think that slowed my healing process way down. Oh and when they offer the pain meds take them. I didn't and wish I would have to help me sleep that first night. Otherwise I was fine with Tylenol.

I don't know about the nerve biopsy though, sorry. I hope yours goes well. Just try and relax, the doctor should talk to you through the whole thing to keep your mind off it, that helps.

Oh and ice it for the rest of the night, that really helps with the pain. I had to keep mine iced for two days I think to keep the pain down, but I was taking care of two kids under five just a couple hours after the biopsy.

Good luck, please let me know how it goes.

Kristie
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote