View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithful View Post
I am in a terrible flare of vasculitis, with Hep C being the systemic problem. I'm feeling very alone. Most people don't understand understand how painful vasculitis is and the neuropathy that goes along with it. I'm presently on Humira injections and prednisone. Is there anyone out there in a similar situation? I have faith things will improve, but could sure use a little support.

Thank you,
Faithful
I was diagnosed with Hep C in 2001, was treated and the virus disappeard within 6 months and has not come back. I had an attack of necrotizing vasculitis in 2003 which was severe. I was treated for the vasculitis with prednisone and cytoxin for 6 months. I blew up like a baloon! Since then I've had peripheral neuropathy that was manageable with 1200 mg of neurontin each day for 5 years. In the last 18 months, however, the neuropathy has gotten much more painful. I take 3600 mg. on neurontin now, which my neurologist says is the maximum. I don't know what to do next. The pain and inabiltity to walk or stand for more than a couple on minutes is depressing. What is Humira?
Augie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote