Thread: Melatonin
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

HI, Daniella... I am online today testing out the 3G on my husband's computer. I don't have much battery left...but I did look in here.

I'd like to ask if you still are using that Seroquel? Atypical antipsychotics can cause agitation in some patients, and I recall you were using Seroquel at night? It is called akathesia
(I am not spelling this right) which is a wakeful need to move around. So it may be the drug side effects bothering you.

For me melatonin only works when I use it regularly...it seems to stablize after a week or so. I often sleep less long but have better quality of sleep. It does not work well for me here or there...it has to be used every night.
I use the 3mg...since less does nothing for me.

If you have a carbohydrate snack before going to bed, you may sleep a bit better... carbs release serotonin which helps.

I've been using melatonin at night now, since the new information about Type II diabetes was published. Melatonin receptors are in the pancreas and linked to increased blood sugar in patients with insulin resistance. They are going to do
studies on Type II diabetics as a result.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bruegger84 (07-24-2009)