View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by babie_racer_in View Post
My sons backpay just came in one large sum. We didnt need a lawyer to get him appoved so I dont know how that will work other than the lawyer im sure will get alot of your backpay. Congrat tho.
Hi, you said your son's came in one lump sum. My dad's did too as I just found out but it was only for 2 months. I did not know he filed for disability. I filed 2 years ago. My dad recently filed and got it right away. If mine does not go to the appeals, I was told that I would get it in installments 3 to be exact the first being $2200. I don't think I will end up with much. Anyway, I heard that I would get the SSI in installments and it would be soon, but the SSDI would be in 60-90 days. Now, I see people having to wait many months to a year and that depresses me. I was told no longer than 90 days. So in other words they lied to me at SSA and my attorney did too. My attorney doesn't care because he will get his money first. Anyway, I am really down now after hearing the wait periods everyone went through. Also that most people's cases go to the appeals. So now my being approved will probably be unapproved.
xmelax36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote