View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaA View Post
July 18, 1989.....So hard to believe that twenty years has passed since my diagnosis of RSD.
WOW. I have learned a lot, yet there is still so much I don't know. I have tried a lot of treatments and yet I am hopeful there will be more.
Most of all I have made some amazing friends that share in the day to day struggle that RSD/CRPS places in our paths. I also have lost a few friends on the way, but they will never be forgotten!
I am not defined by this. Although it presents many challenges, I have been able to do things that I never dreamed I would because, I felt I had nothing to loose, in spite of myself.
Chronic pain has also lead me closer to myself. It has given me the opportunity to spend time without all the distractions of life.
I am a survivor, I am stronger not weaker. I look at life through a different set of eyes than I did before. I am thankful for those that have helped me on this journey. That includes all of you here. The sharing of pain, the sharing of blessings and the friendship, I have found here has guided me alone the way.
Thank you all,
Diana
I have RSD for almost 14 years now. It's so nice to hear that there's more of us in the same boat, by "us" I mean people who have had RSD for a long time, people who are hanging on no matter what, despite their RSD.

It somehow feels wrong to congratulate you on having RSD for 20 years, so I'll just say, good for you for making it through 20 years of *this* - and boy do we all know what THIS means.

What I mostly hope for is that we can all hang on to hope, hang onto each other... be united as a group until there's a cure or at least some type of major progress or breakthrough in the meds. Up until now, even the Ketamine that was once so hopeful, is proving not to work for everybody... just like the rest of the "treatments".

Please hang on for many more years to come!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-25-2009), loretta (07-25-2009)