View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsh1284 View Post
Well, I just did some research on the SSA's site and it seems I have nine months to spend my money and then if I still have it after that period I will not get SSI benefits until I get rid of those resources.

I don't understand this. Seems like they would give you some leeway if you're trying to save back to buy your own home or something. I dunno .. maybe I need to just try to get a place now while the housing market is down. I could probably find something nice for cheap and get out on my own. Hmm ... something to think about. Still I would like to do that on my own terms and not be .. kinda pushed into it. Heh I am bipolar and all .. so I feel like I'm in a situation now. Not exactly a bad one to be in but I kinda feel pressured. Bleh ...
Hi there! First of all I am even more depressed now than before. I was told at the social security website that I would have my first check/ first back pay installment with in 2 weeks (I just got the notice I was approved) of course my atty said unless it goes to appeals. Nice, huh?! Anyway, my dad had his he just applied not long ago and was approved right away, he had it within 2 weeks of notice. Now I hear others are not. Ugh. Social security and the atty lied to me, I guess. I was expecting something by august now I find out it will be alot longer. ugh.

Anyway I was thinking couldn't you just have your grandparents open another account in their names and let you put your money in it? That way it would look like you spent it? Technically you would have. Then later on your grandparents could give it back to you when you need it. It is just an idea. Well good luck.
xmelax36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote