View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 03:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jimking,
Good idea for printing out some pictures. RSDSA has the McGill Pain Index RSD rates at 42 on scale of 50 It shows its above amputation and terminal cancer, childbirth, Any woman who has beared children should be able to recall those memories.

Hi AJSG and Welcome, I'm sorry you have this disorder. None of us had a clue what would be coming our way. That's probably good. We learned soon enough. I'm grateful after almost 14 years -full body now that I'm still mobile. I have my left hand crippled.
I have a wonderful Dr. the last 5 years. He's turned my life around this past month.
He just finished a study of 200 patients with seroquel. It's was made for bi-polar, which I don't have and schizo., which I don't have either. But he tested this drug on a low dose for fibromyalgia patients, which I have also and the outcome for me and large percentage was sleep. I hadn't slept until 5-6 in the a.m. for weeks, and was going under. I went of Ambien Cr. and switched to seroquel. I sleep a sound restorative sleep and this in turn has let me reduce two meds. Vicodin went from 6 pills a day to 3-4, mostly 3. Lorazepam went from 6mg to 2-3 mg a day. This anxiety med is wonderful as when we are relaxed, our sympathetic system calms down, thus our pain level calms down. This Dr. manages my RSD, Pain, etc. He is a neurologist, psychiatrist, pharmacologist. Teaches, just built two clinics. Put HBOT in both of them. I can't wait to try the HBOT
He said he is getting great results. Insurance doesn't pay for HBOT for RSD. It is very expensive.
I'm glad you found us. We are here for each other. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote