View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is the reason for SLOW pt, GENTLE pt. Aggressive pt that pushes things to the limit is NOT right for us rsd'ers!! *rolls eyes* Even gentle and slow can make things worse. It did for me. I think it was partly because the rsd was moving so fast and it just helped it spread. My body hates change anyway and often rebels in the worst of ways. LOLOL

Hugs,

Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew58 View Post
I hope that your new PT measured the body part that you are working on...my issue is my right knee. After 2 months of PT, I through down the gauntlet and said, "NO MORE, You ARE KILLING ME. I can't bend my leg as I could when I started 2 months ago..it is swollen!" The PT said that we would measure and see if I was getting better, that my pain was not as bad as I claimed, WC wants results, and I needed to tough it out..I said,"Let's DO!" My knee and front quad was 2~1/2"
BIGGER!

The PT was speechless, and said, "The leg is swollen..you are getting worse, not better." The PT told me that she was going to talk with the surgeon, apparently he wanted further PT, push it to the limit. Well....

The next time the PT wanted me to do leg presses on the Total Gym, at an extreme slant where my body weight would be in play... I had a panic attack;it lasted 3 hrs. My body refused to be placed on the torture device. I was DONE with that PT.

Shortly,thereafter, I started seeing a psychologist for CRPS,Major Depression, Anxiety/Panic Disorder.

Your body will rebel even if you don't want to quit the painful PT.
I wish you the best.

Dew

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote