Thread: Arachnoid Cyst
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default arachnoid cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime_S View Post
Just wondering if anyone here has an Arachnoid Cyst?
My Arachnoid Cyst, in the posterior fossa, was discovered 10 years ago, (with an MRI) after 2 years trying to find answers to my symptoms.
It was operated on, and so far, hasn't regrown. Although we were sure it had, because the symptoms returned early last year. But an MRI didn't reveal any new growth.
But now it seems I have Occipital Neuralgia, originating from the cyst operation, which damaged the Occipital nerves!
Just my luck...

~Jaime~
Hello Jaime, I also have a posterior fossa arachnoid cyst about the size of a gulf ball. I have been told for years that it was not causing any problems. But I am having many neurological symptoms, though some may not be caused by the cyst, I can't help but feel that some are. I believe that my facial palsy, dizziness, tremors, concentration problems, headaches, seizures, etc must have something to do with this? I have many other neuro disorders so I am not sure and either are the doctors--what is causing them. How large is your AC? Was yours growing, and thats why they did surgery? If you had to do it again would you have the surgery. Also, did it take alot of neurologist to look at you before one agreed to do the surgery. I look forward to hearing from you--thanks from hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote