View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default just had a concussion

Hi people,

I got a concussion Tuesday evening playing ultimate frisbee (it was my first, I far as I know). Fell on my head apparently. Anyways, from what I've read online, it looks like it was a Type II concussion - I wasn't unconscious but I had amnesia for about 5 hours after the accident. I was taken to the ER but don't remember much of it or what the doctors told me. I got some paper on the concussions but not much.
So two days after, I still have a bit of a headache and I can tell my memory is not the sharpest.

I've looked a little bit on the internet but have not been able to find consistent answers to my questions.

Here they are:

1. How long till I can play sports or do physical activity again? How will I know I'm ready to start such again?

2. When can I drink alcohol again? Do I need to limit my consumption?

3. Is it OK to drive?

4. I may be imagining things but I feel like I have been sleepier today than usual even though I got plenty of sleep after the accident. Is drowsiness expected?

5. The morning after the accident, I woke up with a sore neck - like muscle soreness. Is that ok? I thought it was maybe from me instinctively trying to keep my head up when I hit the ground.

6. From what I have gathered, future head injuries can be really devastating and they can occur with lighter hits. Is there a time period after the first concussion where this danger no longer applies?

I apologize if these questions are silly but I am new to the whole concussion thing.
Thanks in advance.

Nick
beau is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote