View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 11:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Happy but knackered is what describes me today. Yesterday I cooked myself to a standstill, had my many wonderful women friends round for an evening of non-seasonal eating, in true eastern style. This meant large pans, loads of chopping, and a day on my feet, not to mention the fact that I simply forgot to eat anything myself! By eleven last night I simply could not move, only barely managed to get myself to bed after a leery look at the sofa, which is not long enough to sleep on. Today, meds are slow to kick in, and i'm a mass of achiness. But happy. It's the first time in several years that it has been possible for me to entertain, my two sons have been great, and I am looking forward to a year in which I will have time to do things that I love - make art, garden, cook, keep house, and be with friends and family. PD has taken quite a lot away from me, work and so on, but it has also given me back some things. The best of these is that my time is my own. So there are limitations - but I am not letting much stop me at the moment!

In the spirit of welcoming a new year I am planning to go for Chi Kung classes to help my flagging energy levels, and keep me active in doing something away from home. Not exactly a resolution, but making a new choice. Would love to hear what others are planning!

By the way what DO people do about PD achiness and that run over by a truck feeling that Greg describes. I haven't found anything that works consistently yet....

Best wishes for 2007 to all. It would be good if it were a peaceful year. I wish you happiness, blessings and peaceful hearts.

Lindy xx
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote