View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 12:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmelax36 View Post
Okay first of all, I am really really depressed now after reading a bunch of threads. I got a letter saying they found me disabled blah blah blah...and there was no need to go to a hearing, etc...Just saturday I got the letter. I went Tuesday to the ss office to do my nonmed info. She told me I would get my first check in 2 weeks and then installments of my backpay, etc... (I applied 2 years ago) my dad just applied months ago and won right away and got his within 2 weeks of his decision. He must have been lucky. Now I see everyone is having to wait many weeks or months for theirs. Is this true for everyone? Or did Social Security and my atty lie to me?

Also I was told now it might go to appeals and I will lose my decision.
Perhaps your dad is more severely disabled than you. Perhaps your dad had more evidence than you. Perhaps your dad prepared his claim better than you. Some claims are denied. Some are approved. Every day. Some claims are approved after years of appeals. Some claims are never approved.

All ALJ decisions and all DDS decisions are subject to review and reversal. Rarely happens.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote