View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 12:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you all for posting to my thread. With the few pills I had left, I went from 3600mg a day of Neurontin, to 1800mg on Wednesday, 1200mg on Thursday and yesterday was a full day with no meds at all. Last night was the worse, I don't think I slept much at all. I was in such pain along with the chills and sweats.

Linda,
I would have called my doctor but because of the holidays, he's out of town until January 2nd, 2007. That's also the day I'm suppose to go in for another Stellate Ganglion nerve block. I can only assume that if the Worker's Comp rejected my meds, that they're not going to pay for anymore treatment either. And yes, they have pulled this on me before too.

Janet,
I guess I should have done more research on Neurontin, but you just figure you can trust your doctor. What exactly does Neurontin do to your brain? I also think that Worker's Comp should at least give you a 30 to 60 day notice to get off of your meds if they don't want to pay for them anymore. It sure doesn't seem fair to the poor patient. I do have an attorney and I faxed him a letter last week but he's obviously on vacation too. And thank you for the nice welcome.

Jules,
Oh my goodness, I've had the same thing happen to me. Several times while out driving I had to pull over because I completely forgot where the heck I was going. And here all this time I thought it was caused by my depression meds, which I'm also not getting anymore. I feel like you did, like I have a terrible case of the flu. I can't wait to feel better again. Did Topomax take the place of your Neurontin? I've never heard of that drug before.

RSD Mom,
Yes, several of my doctors told me never to just stop taking Neurontin but I had no choice in the matter. $250.00 bucks is a lot of money when you're on a fixed income.

Thanks again to all of you for your support. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I feel so much better knowing that I made it through the night.

Hugs
Kathy
ms_kathy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote