View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Millie, being about 17lbs - I know, ginormous! she should be 10 - 12lbs, tops - does not romp a lot, but is pretty spunky for her size. She is acting normally spunky despite her tummy troubles.

The only things we know of her hx are age, that she had a tumor removed - still had a 6 inch incision when we got her, noncancerous (it was biopsied) - and her prior owner gave her up due to advanced alzhiemers.

Prior to that owner's health issues she seemed to have been well cared for with regular vet care, heart worm, flea stuff, bathed, groomed, walked, etc.

Maybe not so much in the last year or two, but up till then, she was taken care of as much as any dog. Never left in a kennel to the best of our knowledge (from what the rescue group could determine, talking to the relatives, the family had cared for her).

We had no reason to assume she'd had kennel borne illnesses, and their (rescue's) vet and our vet both gave vaccines just in case.

She seems mostly to spit up a short while after eating, and it looks like her food, not very digested. She is drinking normal amounts of water and taking the usual potty breaks, eyes look bright, not runny, but her nose is dry and warm.

I will do as you say and call the vet. It's not like money is no object... but I don't want her suffering either. You do what's best for em, if you love em.

Meanwhile, I think I'll take the food away since she just keeps eating and barfing, lol.

Thanks for your response. I'll let ya know what happens.